Writing A Good Thesis Statement For A Research Paper
Now this is the part we've been waiting for. I must assume that youhave come up with a good idea for research, had your proposal approved,collected the data, conducted your analyses and now you're about to startwriting the dissertation. If you've done the first steps well this partshouldn't be too bad. In fact it might even be enjoyable!
writing a good thesis for a research ..
37. Oh, I almost forgot. There's one last thing. Get busy and preparean article or paper that shares the outcomes of your research. Therewill be no better time to do this than now. Directly after your defenseis when you know your study the best and you will be in the best position toput your thinking on paper. If you put this writing task off it will probablynever get done. Capitalize on all of the investment you have made in yourresearch and reap some additional benefit - start writing.
In the example about Machen's missiology on the Crafting An Effective Thesis page, the thesis articulates a specific argument for a church history research paper.
Decide what kind of statement you have enough evidence to prove.
Best Thesis Statement for Research Paper
• PART 1 OF THE ASSIGNMENT: PAPER TOPIC PROPOSAL
The formal research paper or honors thesis will provide you with an opportunity to more fully develop the background and implications of one of the topics presented during the semester or explore a related topic not covered. Your paper topic proposal requires research in order to make your proposal as close to your paper topic as possible. I strongly suggest you come to office hours to discuss your topic proposal with me, because I will review all proposals for viability and reject any inappropriate or undoable topics.
The written proposal must include the following 2 things:
1. Your proposed paper topic: This part of the proposal is one sentence. Keep your paper topic narrow (but not so narrow that there are no scholarly sources available on the topic).
2. Why the topic is interesting and important: Address how you will focus the topic. If you choose a topic that is not of interest to you, it will show in your paper. This topic must remain of interest to you for two semesters, so give it some serious consideration. As we cover topics in class, undoubtedly something will come up that you want to learn more about. This would be an ideal paper topic. This part of the assignment requires that you include two to three paragraphs about why this topic is interesting and important. Why should the reader care about Roger Williams’s relationship with the Narragansett Indians? If you simply retell the story of his exile from Massachusetts and what he thought of the Narragansett religious beliefs and practices, that’s a book report, not an honors level research paper. However, if you explore the significance Narragansett religion had on Williams, his writings, and his life, you have the makings of an interesting and important research paper. It would require research pertaining to the role of missionaries in the American colonies, research of the Puritan philosophy and why Williams was banned from Massachusetts Bay Colony, and research of Narragansett beliefs and religious views and how they were impacted by the English and Dutch.
Thesis statement writing help - Research Paper Writing …
6. If you're going to ask for a leave of absence from your job whileyou're working on your research this isn't a good time to do it. Chancesare you can do the "thinking about it" stage without a leaveof absence. Assuming that there are six major phases that you will haveduring your research project, probably the best time to getthe most from a leave of absence is during the fourthstage* - the writing stage. This is the time when you really need tobe thinking well. To be able to work at your writing in large blocks oftime without interruptions is something really important. A leave of absencefrom your job can allow this to happen. A leave of absence from your jobprior to this stage may not be a very efficient use of the valuable timeaway from your work.
Writing a Research Paper Writing a Thesis Statement ..
Now, narrow down your topic: Once you’ve chosen a topic, ask yourself if it’s narrow enough for you to tackle in the paper or honors thesis you will be writing. Narrow topics generally result in the best papers. One important consideration is the availability of material. Therefore, before making a final decision on your topic, do some initial research to find out the type, quality, and quantity of information available. Finally, how much time do you have to write your paper? The earlier you begin your paper, the more thorough the treatment your topic will receive. If you can’t begin your paper early in the semester, consider limiting your topic so you can deal with it adequately.